So good, he’s been cast as one of the stars in the next Star Wars trilogy. For now, we know he’s in Episode VII at least, but who is he really? You might remember John as Moses in the hit movie Attack The Block, but if not, check out all the things you need to know about the kid before he really blows up.
- His favorite actors include Sam Rockwell, Anthony Hopkins, and David Oyelowo.
- John also loves Will Smith. He told us about the time he met Will Smith’s team and how Hollywood accepted him as an actor:
“I love Will Smith and love what he’s done so far. I was actually at Overbrook Entertainment,” John told GlobalGrind in 2011. “I was at their brunch in L.A., in Beverly Hills. And I spoke to someone on his team and stuff. It was very great how Hollywood has accepted me and given me a warm hug, just looking for the next thing really.”
“I was at home having a full English breakfast and the email came through in my junk mail. Funnily enough, I was paying a T-Mobile bill, so I was able to see the email.”
- His dad is a minister and his mom works with the disabled.
“There are no actors in my family, but there are definitely animated black people in my family. My dad’s a Pentecostal minister, meaning that he’s full of charisma,” John says.
- He’s in the new reboot of 24: Live Another Day, which debuts next Monday on FOX. Definitely watch it to get a taste of what you’ll see from him in Star Wars.
- John may be young, but the way his mind works is amazing.
Check out his passion project: “I want to tell the story of the black experience pre-slavery. When I say pre-slavery, I mean in Roman times, when you had loads of black saints, black priests, and black kings.”
Stay locked to GlobalGrind for more on John Boyega.