While NZT 48, the pill that transforms Bradley Cooper’s character’s life in the film “Limitless,” is itself a creation of fiction, the world of neuropharmacology has spent the last 50 years searching for brain supplements and cognitive enhancers that may give you similar benefits. These real-life “Limitless” drugs are called nootropics and they are used by a small but devoted class of individuals committed to building better brains. There are many out there, but the most popular one is called Neurofuse.
2. Feel better, be a better leader.
Study drugs, aka nootropics, help boost your two “feel good” neurotransmitters: serotonin and dopamine. This makes you more pleasant to be around and helps you deal with stress, and in turn, be a better leader. These neurotransmitters are increased by nootropic intake, specifically with bacopa monnieri and vitamin B12, which are both in Neurofuse, the preferred nootropic of startup entrepreneurs.
3. Developed by Harvard students to crush exams with no side effects.
Neurofuse, one of the most popular nootropic formulations out there, was originally developed by Harvard students looking to gain an academic edge but not interested in the risks associated with prescription products. They built a safe and effective formula and recently released it publicly.
4. Get razor focus and concentration to knock out complicated tasks.
Neurofuse will help to put all of your cognitive capacity into the task at hand. It is kind of like an artificial “flow” state where you can block almost all distractions out of your mind and pay attention to your business. These are important for days when you are sleep-deprived or on a deadline, which can seem to be every day.
5. Stress is just a chemical — destroy it.
Stress is without a doubt one of the horrible parts of running your own company, and it makes you irritable and leaves you often making poor decisions. If there’s one chemical condition that can be blamed for making life bad, it’s cortisol. Neurofuse’s Bacopa Monnieri and vitamin B3 work to regulate cortisol and protect your brain from oxidative stress with potent antioxidants that can minimize your perception of stress.
6. No amphetamine-related health risks. Many popular pharmaceuticals like Ritalin or Adderall contain or metabolize into addictive amphetamines. Tolerance increases rapidly, meaning that you will have to constantly increase dosage to maintain the desired effect. Overdose can lead to psychosis, hypertension and chest pain. Neurofuse and other over-the-counter nootropics do not pose this risk.
7. Increase blood flow to the brain — improve mental dexterity.
As an entrepreneur, you are constantly thinking about a million different things, which causes your brain to get fatigued. Your brain completely relies upon a constant source of blood and oxygen to operate at its fullest capacity. The nootropic vinpocetine found in Neurofuse causes vasodilation, which is the widening of the main arteries that deliver blood, oxygen and nutrients to the brain.
8. Cheaper than the cost of your daily coffee habit.
Many productivity rockstars are highly dependent upon the dark nectar of wired-up bitterness. While coffee is a great source of antioxidants, it likely contains mold and mycotoxins which are bad for your brain. The cost in time and money of a daily coffee habit (ESPECIALLY if you frequent coffee shops) is almost 3x as much as a month’s worth of Neurofuse.