The Kansas City Royals have earned their first World Series title in 30 years, staging a dramatic Game 5 comeback to beat the New York Mets 7-2. They took home the series 4 games to 1.

The final game featured a stunning extra-innings turnaround. It started as a pitchers' duel: The Mets' Matt Harvey against Kansas City's Edinson Volquez.

Volquez was back on the mound just a few days after a personal loss. His father died before Volquez started Game 1 on Tuesday, and his family requested that Volquez not be told before he pitched; this weekend, he returned to his team after attending the funeral.

And Volquez pitched strong. Through the first five innings, he allowed only a single hit. (Luckily for the Mets, that hit was a home run.)

But Harvey, aka "The Dark Knight," seemed to be the hero New York needed. He thrilled the crowd by pitching eight scoreless innings, striking out nine batters.

In the sixth inning, the Mets had the bases loaded with no outs. But Yoenis Cespedes took a painful hit to the knee, and ultimately New York only managed one more run.

That left the Mets up 2-0 in the seventh, when Kelvin Herrera took over for Volquez. And that's where the score stayed at the end of the 8th, when the New York crowd began to chant for Harvey (his pitch count in the triple digits) to stay for the ninth.

But when he did, Kansas City proved it wasn't over. Eric Hosmer hit an RBI double, narrowing the lead to 2-1. And after the Dark Knight finally returned to the dugout, Hosmer made it to home.

Suddenly a nailbiter, the 2-2 game went into extra innings.

In the 12th, Christian Colon took the lead for Kansas City — and then the Royals ran to a crushing victory, 7-2.

Catcher Salvador Perez of the Royals was voted most valuable player.

It's the team's first title since 1985 — and only the second in franchise history.
via npr.org

Comments

11/06/2015 11:05pm

11/23/2015 8:09am

Your own weblogs tend to be excellent! You've trained me personally which i may create much better than We actually believed I possibly could. We accustomed to drift close to suggestions as well as method to create however since i have began placing capital t make use of your own guidance, I've been in a position to create far better. The reason why, We actually authored an excellent sample resume lately.

11/25/2015 4:34am

After reading your article I was amazed. I know that you explain it very well. And I hope that other readers will also experience how I feel after reading your article. I feel very grateful that I read this. It is very helpful and very informative and I really learned a lot from it.

12/13/2015 6:44am

Daily potential prospects listed here the way to with thanks for use on your endeavor, in which is the reason why We're consulting coursesmart all the time, seeking out cutting edge, unique knowledge. Various, thanks!

<a href="http://www.pdbattery.com">Li-ion battery manufacturer</a>
12/14/2015 4:16am

12/14/2015 4:17am

12/14/2015 10:49pm

Maintain the nice perform, My partner and i examine handful of content with this internet site and also I do believe your net website will be genuine intriguing and contains received sectors regarding great details.

Checking any blog may make others just want to come up with a greater number of. I did a fabulous which i was first lovely content by means of. The software most likely conducted for the tier still it’s exceptional. I often dispatch you

12/15/2015 2:32am

12/15/2015 4:09am

Your site has grown a one-stop find as much as possible tutorial authoring. Thanks for your time in the very good get the job done. As i tested the online sites one preferred and even On the net which will best-dissertation. pores and skin look though. Ones own get the job done is kind of exemplary.

12/15/2015 5:55am

I just gazed all the way up your website just because May very well been told such a lot of on the subject of a items. Ecstatic to suggest, typically the rumor for sure; you could be first rate at this. Now i need a particular that can assist everybody on a long-run work I'm sure creating.

12/16/2015 4:01am

That can job short-term, however , it’s no possible long-term choice meant for individuals who want to get the real key an individual exceptional girlfriend these can’t avoid wondering about.

With thanks for all your evidences you will produce u . s . with any blog. Document used simply because mentioned just for great essay or dissertation really needs. I had put into use various essay or dissertation internet websites still in some, barely any appears like effective like this tool. They also have the best quality creators truly! With thanks for the!

Typical trips listed below are the ultimate way to many thanks to your energy, which usually is the reason why Now i'm browsing your website each day, trying to find fresh, intriguing details. Several, thanks a lot!

12/28/2015 1:31pm

12/30/2015 2:32am

Cool website buddy I am gona suggest this to all my list of contacts.

12/31/2015 12:17am

01/01/2016 4:38am

01/02/2016 12:30am

01/03/2016 5:24am

01/04/2016 3:54am

04/07/2016 6:50pm

I appreciate you and hopping for some more informative posts

08/15/2016 1:19am

I have been searching out for this similar kind of post for past a week and hardly came across this.

08/15/2016 1:20am

Thank you very much and will look for more postings from you.

08/15/2016 1:21am

I would like more information about this, because it is very nice.

09/10/2016 12:28am

Great Article I love to read your articles because your writing style is too good, its is very very helpful for all of us and I never get bored while reading your article because it becomes more and more interesting from the starting lines until the end. So Thank you for sharing a COOL Meaningful stuff with us Keep it up..!

10/18/2016 6:45pm

Very interesting blog. Alot of blogs I see these days don't really provide anything that I'm interested in, but I'm most interested in this one. Just thought that I would post and let you know

10/18/2016 6:47pm

hanks to this I can understand more about the role of education. This article is easy to understand and useful

11/11/2016 7:08pm

She appears very casual with a white girl gown, crown and walk outside into the school like other normal students.

11/11/2016 7:09pm

I know to become a good and well-known writer needs a lot of time. I am writing on the blog is available with hope to have many readers and search it.

11/11/2016 7:10pm

Along the way, she always grin and friendly people. Upon entering you had a lot of students, and then realized she was still a lot of teachers at the school reception.

11/11/2016 7:11pm

Fall has arrived and this is considered to be the most beautiful season of the year. It also suggests a vague sadness for people nostalgic memories of old days.

11/27/2016 6:36pm

12/12/2016 8:04pm

I was very impressed by this post, this site has always been pleasant news. Thank you very much for such an interesting post. Keep working, great job!